The 2018 SCMI will be on September 22, 2018. This year we are adding a Director/Staff critique with the judges at the end of the contest. (See below in the FAQ for the list of judges.) Hope to see you there!
2018 SCMI FAQ
Q. What are the ticket prices?
A. Tickets are $10 each for school-age children and above, and includes a program.
Q. Will there be electricity/power at the field?
A. Yes, there will be reliable power at field level on the front 50.
Q. Will videos be provided?
A. A complimentary DVD will be provided to each band, and DVD/Blu-rays of your performance will be available for sale through EmexVideo.
Q. Where is Station Camp HS?
A. Station Camp High School is located at 1040 Bison Trail in Gallatin, TN 37066. Off Exit 12 on Vietnam Veterans Parkway/Hwy 386. We are about 30 minutes north of Nashville.
Q. Who are the judges for the competition?
A. Our judging panel for 2018 has been confirmed!
- Music Effect – Steven Page, Paducah, KY
- Music Ensemble – Bryan Crisp, Cincinnati, OH
- Visual Effect – Douglas Goodwin, Evansville, IN
- Visual Ensemble – Tim Dolan, Knoxville, TN
- Percussion – Chris Romanowski – Atlanta, GA
- Color Guard – Stacy Wasson Moore, Lexington, KY
Q. What awards are given out at SCMI?
A. We give out 1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards in band, percussion, and guard in each of 4 classes, as well as Overall guard, percussion, music, visual awards, Most Entertaining Band, Best Pit Crew, Spirit Award (based on Sportsmanship), and Sweepstakes Awards in Small and Large Divisions.
• Sponsoring a trophy.
• Other ways you can help — this is our biggest fundraiser of the year!
• Getting updates as SCMI 2018 plans come together.